Sometimes it’s difficult to find a tradie who is the perfect match for your needs and wants. If you are looking for an electrician, here are 6 tips to keep in mind to help you ensure that you are hiring the most skilled and reliable electrician to complete anything from installing a ceiling fan, exhaust fan or LED lighting to a switchboard upgrade.
- An Electrician must be licensed – theymust also be willing to provide you with details of the license.
- Check Insurance – do not run the risk of letting an electrician work for you without ensuring he or she has liability insurance. An electrician must be covered if they or anyone else is hurt as a result of their work.
- References – having verifiable references is one of the best ways to gain an idea of how good an electrician is. It is necessary to know if others are satisfied and impressed with their work. Our customers who have had services provided by Circuit City Electrical have written multiple reviews which you can read on our Facebook, Google Plus and True Local Pages. These reviews have come from customers in a range of areas such as St Peters to Marden to Unley to North Brighton!
- Get an initial Quote – do not make the mistake of letting electrical work begin in your house without getting and agreeing on an initial quote. At Circuit City Electrical, we offer free on site quotes as opposed to quotes over the phone so that our techs can take all factors into consideration that may vary depending on the job. This ensures that we can provide you with the most accurate quote possible, with no grey areas!
- Get a Guarantee for the Work Done – you should only hire an electrician who offers a warranty on his or her work. The warranty should be a formal, written document and must clearly state what will be done in case faults arise within a specified time frame. Here at circuit city electrical, the parts that we supply come with a three year warranty and our workmanship has a lifetime guarantee!
- Get a Timeline – an effective electrician should provide you with a projected timeline for the completion of his or her work. They should stick to this timeline as closely as possible but if unexpected or unavoidable problems should arise, the electrician should keep you updated and informed on changes to the original timeline and communicate with you openly.
It is highly important to hire a well-trained and licensed electrician because it guarantees you that your home wiring and repair is in good hands.